Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

23 Jun 2010

Dear Friends,I have just been blogging about workspaces on my Etsy Team Cymru blogspot about. I am in the process of trying to improve mine.It is a corner of the garage and is not as aesthetically pleasing to my eye or heart as I would like.I am working on improving storage and layout.I am rather messy when working and my desk often looks like it has been ransacked and I need to address my untidyness.I have bought some small plastic drawers sets and have at least began to organise my materials by type.ie,wire,beads,ceramic,etc.The walls are grey breezeblock and the lighting could do with improvement.If I add some colour and some new lighting I think I can improve things so as to enhance my enjoyment of the time spent there and therefore be more creative as a result.I know a lot of artists who work from home have very limited options about how and where they work.If  you are interested in contributing your views on this add your comments,Love to all my creative buddies,Anne

1 comment:

  1. Our work aread is chaos, but I (Moags) will soon be doing the same thing as we recently bought a new house and I will (hooray!) have a "real" bead room. Light and some art or a window always help me to better enjoy a work area. Good luck, post pics of your workspace, and we look forward to the end result! :)

    ReplyDelete