Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

12 Sept 2010

Sunshine and Showers.

I have finally finished the two pieces for Beads and Beyonds competition and  taken photos ready for entry.I entered a second piece in the wirework competition as a "wild card"I think the judges will run screaming for the hills as it is a very primitive piece made from hammered copper and sterling wire.However I felt the need!!!!
  All the beautiful butterflies have gone wherever butterflies go when the summer is over.We had clouds of them in the garden for the last couple of weeks.But all the flowers have died off and they have all disappeared into the ether.There seems to have been an awful lot of them around this year and some species that I havent seen for many years.That so gladdens my heart.
  I have been reflecting on the nine years since Sept 11.So many thousands have died as a result of the actions of a few.I cannot describe them as monsters or evil as there are no words to describe the horror inflicted on the world on that terrible day.I am sure we all remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard what had been happening.My then  five year old daughter told me.I thought she was watching a terrible movie,not Sky News.What a terrible legacy that these people have left our children.Rebecca has grown up not knowing a world where there is peace and love.But I myself have hope in my heart that in years to come a way can be found to mend some of the damage done so that future generations can feel free to express thier religions regardless of their beliefs.Light and love to all,Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment