Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

9 Jun 2011

Rain and Roses

Dear friends,
                  The weather has been a very mixed bag in Wales since the beginning of June. This has really disrupted my photos shoots as I prefer to work outdoors if possible. I have been threatening to buy a light box for some time but still haven't got around to it! I have tried  to do my pictures in between showers but they end up looking rather rushed and don't look as good as they need to for Etsy listings. Getting very fussy these days, not such a bad thing as good photography can make or break a sale. Also having my portfolio looking good on Flickr helps to get commissions!
   I have had my fabulous prize from Smitten Beads. Lots and lots of fabulous goodies for my bead stash,ribbon,silk flowers,buttons and lots of findings and sequins. These will be fab for my mixed-media artwork as well! I have had lots of inspiration as everything is in a different palette to one I would have probably chosen for myself.
    Finally after my successful giveaway last month,I am offering another pair of Elaine Ray earrings,this time in sterling silver,crystal and ceramic. These are worth $45. All you have to do is post a comment on my blog and I will pick a winner at random from all comments made! Really easy,so start commenting! On my next blog I will be offering a new voucher code as the current code runs out on the 11th of June! The current offer is 25% off and the code is SWEB9, hurry to take advantage of this fab discount.
           Love and light to all my beading buddies.Anne.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are going well for you apart from the disappointing weather,but no matter what you`r jewellery always looks beautiful and i still love the pieces that I have bought from you as much now as I did the day I bought them,best of luck to all.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absoloutly love your jewellery, dont buy from high street anymore. Hope the weather stays good so you can take more pics outside. x

    ReplyDelete