Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

3 Oct 2010

Artisan Show and all things beading.

Dear friends,
                  Just recovering from my first ever trip to a bead show.It was brilliant fun.We met Kerry Kester Bogart and she very kindly signed my copy of her book.We attened several demos including a brilliant demo on soldering chain by the girls from Beads and Beyond magazine,a demo on lampworking and a class on making gift bags with the wonderful Yyonne from the Craft Fairy.We also entered every competition at the show and joined the  ATC club.Mickey let us design our very own ATCs and we swapped them for some others.Really brill.
   My piece of jewellery was on display at the show and even though it looked fab,I think that it was not as amazing as the other entries.There are some awesome talents in the UK! I will be very lucky to win.I went to see the lovely ladies at the Altered Element.All the vendors had really cool stuff so spent a small fortune.Did hope to get some cathedral glass and set my heart on a really good texturising hammer but came back with some really good flush cutters,some brass sheet,some fab rough garnet nuggets and loads of findings and mixed media doo-daas and some stamps.
  Had a ggody bag from Beads and Beyond.Will post pics of my haul later on FB.See pics of the show on there.Will figure out how to post pics to my blog hopefully soon.Love and light to all beading buddies,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment