Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

1 Nov 2010

Desire Fair.

Dear Friends,
                    Have you all missed me?I didn,t blog on the weekend as unwell.Due to stress beyond my control my blood pressure has soared so been on rest,rest and more rest!Doctor,s orders!
   However I bought some wonderful beads from redgirlsaturday on etsy.I made a wirework necklace and posted a pic on Facebook!Necklace sold.... that has never happened before,so cool!. I bought more of Debra,s fab beads straight away,so look out for next post.I have also been experimenting with different ways of making chain.I am in the process of making a bracelet with handmade links and wire wrapping them.Will post pics when happy.
 Yesterday I went to redgirlsaturdays studio to craft and hang out with Debra and Della.We made gift bags with the skills we learnt at the Artisan Show last month.Then Debra let us have a go at making glass beads.A bit scary but good fun.I do hope I haven,t caught that bug as awfully expensive to start,and really no room in my studio for kilns etc.
  We are hoping to go to the Desire Fair in Winchester on 26th of November,just for the day.It is held in the Guildhall where the replica of the famous Round Table is displayed.No knights but hopefully a "flame-off" and lots of metalworkers.I am still looking for some good texturising hammers.Must start saving up now.I feel some early Christmas presents for myself coming on......
   Anyway,enough of my ramblings,Love and light,Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment