Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

21 Feb 2011

Dapping Blocks and other parapharnalia!

Dear Friends and fellow bloggers,
                                                 I have spent the last couple of days cleaning and re-organising my studio. I have found it very therapeutic. I have also found a quatity of items I thought I had lost forever. When I start creating I am in the habit of getting rather carried away and pulling out half my bead stash. Inevitably I do not put them away again till the next blitz!
 A problem highlighted at the weekend was where on earth to store everything. I have a wide range of jewelry tools,art and mixed media equipment and dapping blocks,disc cutting machines,blow torches etc. How to store everything within easy reach but keep it neat is a challenge. I have very limited studio space like most artisan crafters so find it difficult.
 I would also love to start making my own lampwork beads but finding space for the torch,gas,rods,kiln etc is impossible. That is another addiction that I should not even contemplate but having tried melting glass at Debra Roberts studio in Merthyr, I am in love with the idea! Might just have to get a bigger studio!
  I did post pictures to my Facebook page yesterday of my nearly revamped space so you can get an idea of how much junk I really do have and I do confess that I am a notorious hoarder as well. Feel free to leave comments on your own storage solutions.Would love to hear them. Love and Light,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment