Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

28 Jul 2010

Micro beads

Dear Friends,
                    Looking forward to trip.Only one more "sleep"to go!We are going to a Western night while on our cruise.I have made myself an Indian costume from a t-shirt,a pair of old Ugg boots and a suede effect skirt.I decorated them with faux indian beadwork by attaching double sided sticky tape to decorate the outfit then stuck micro beads to the tape.To get some pattern,I cut chevrons from some of the backing tape and attached them to the bare tape.Dipped the tape into the beads.I found it easier to put them out on a small plate first.When I had covered the bare parts of the tape,I carefully peeled the chevron-shaped tape off and dipped these areas into contrasting colored beads.I decorated the headband in the same way.It is very effective.I can also remove it afterwards,if I want.I believe that Martha Stuart is selling micro beads in some nice colors.I got mine from EJR beads.I think there are lots of uses for this method of embellishment.You could decorate shoes or bags for a fairly temporary effect if you wished.I will post pictures soon.I bought my beads to use with resin but the kids have already decided they like them as well.My daughter has had a go with Ice Resin.She had mixed results but learnt a lot.Like me,she is interested in art and crafts so I hope she gets the bug!!Love to all my beady friends,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment