Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

24 Jul 2010

Ribbon Wrapping.

I have been finding out all about ribbon wrapping this week.It is great for these beads with enormous centre holes that are just too big to use with wire.I have had a lot of fun as the designs and types of ribbon are huge and if you have some longer scraps of ribbon,this is a great way to use them up.My ribbon stash is rather large so I have experimented a bit.I have made a bracelet to wear on holiday.Smitten Beads have a project list using ribbon wrapping.I combined this with filigree bead caps to hold the ribbons in place and then wire wrapped them for my own design.Really pretty and effective.Smittenbeads.co.uk and go to the top of their home page and click on projects at the top of their product list.
   I am starting to get excited about my summer break next week.Only two more days in work and then we are off!We are going to Vigo,La Coruna and Lisbon and Gibralter.I have been to Gibralter before.I found it very strange  that boiling hot weather and English style pubs,red telephone and post boxes.Marks and Spencer etc.I found that the duty free was good value but everyday things were very expensive.However the rock is not to be missed.The tours are fab.I do not go up the rock as I have a serious problem with heights.I went around the city walls in Dubrovnic a couple of years.I was terrified so will not do that again.Anyway,enough of my ramblings.Love to all my creative buddies,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment