Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

19 Jul 2010

The Sky Inside

Last night I listed a new mixed-media piece on Etsy"The Sky Inside"earrings.I  just checked my e-mails and it has made it to Patina Reef,s treasury.Brill!It is such a boost to morale when someone else appreciates your work.
I am still new to mixed-media work.I used to think that it was somehow wrong to mix materials and to use old things and plastic.Heaven forbid!Nowadays it is considered a good thing to re-use and recycle objects and materials.I have used copper wire out of a dumpster to make very interesting pieces of jewelry.I even made some rather chunky copper chain with thick recycled copper wire from an old extractor fan.I hammered the links and they looked great.Very industrial.
 Tonight I am going to try to set up the slide-show feature on this blog spot.That will probably take me all night.I can then display part of my portfolio online,which will be cool!I hope that I can get that done tonight and not still be working on it next week.Only a few more days left in work before I go on my trip.Anyway,enough of my ramblings for on day.Love to all my creative buddies,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment