Pages

Followers


About Me

My photo
Hi,my name is Anne,I am a beadaholique.I work out of my studio in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.My work is mainly mixed media with some steampunk elements thrown in for fun.I was a finalist in Beads and Beyonds"Jewelry Maker of the Year 2010" I won first prize in Smitten Beads Designer Challenge 2011. I have had my work published in various magazines and in several treasuries,online.I have two Etsy shops and a Folksy shop for my clients who do not wish to shop in US $,but prefer sterling.Feel free to look me up on twitter or Facebook.Cheers,Anne..
Take a look at my Etsy shops by clicking the links below.
CrystalRiverBeads Etsy
Silverpuss Etsy

12 Jul 2010

Mixed Media Results and assorted ramblings

Dear Creative Friends,
                                 The experiment with the Ice Resin proved interesting.The resin did set but remained sticky to the touch so was no good.However the smaller ones I treated to a coat of Diamond Resin and they set nicely.The others I have pulled out and will redo.
Probably on the weekend.The butterflies were really nice and I made them up into earrings and bracelets and have already listed them on Etsy and Folksy.
  The studio makeover is going to take some time and as I am going on tour around Europe in two weeks will probably not be finished until the end of August.My eldest daughter will be 21 on our return and has booked our local pub to have her party.So I will be busy with that as well.I cleared two huge bags of old clothes and toys from when the kids were little and a local charity is picking them up tomorrow.That makes more space for beads,LoL!I found my missing Araceli Booth watercolour painting at the back of the wardrobe.The frame needs some repairs but will be very nice in studio.I bought the painting over twenty years ago and it has survived all sorts of ups and downs including divorve,homelessness and everything in between.It therefore deserves some love and attention.I remember seeing the lady who painted it on a watercolour masterclass on TV years ago,she was amazing!I will look her up on Google later to see what has become of her.Love to all my creative buddies,Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment